Venture Risk Investigations
Venture Risk Investigations can assist attorneys, both in-house and outside counsel, with their corporate investigations, compliance issues, and white collar defense practice. Our investigative team has the depth of experience and skills needed to meet our clients’ diverse needs in a constantly changing regulatory environment. Our investigators have worked on innumerable internal investigations and white collar litigation matters, assisting clients in federal and state grand jury investigations, state attorney general investigations, regulatory enforcement investigations and proceedings, and civil and criminal forfeiture proceedings. To serve clients faced with regulatory or criminal investigation or prosecution, we draw upon our expertise and independence to assist counsel in obtaining a comprehensive factual understanding of the issues facing their clients. We have the skills to help attorneys handle complicated criminal and regulatory enforcement matters effectively and efficiently. We also have the independence to insure that, when conducting internal investigations, there are no issues of conflict of interest or partiality.
EXAMPLES OF OUR INVESTIGATIVE WORK INCLUDE:
- Conducted internal corporate investigations of alleged misconduct, including special committee and audit committee investigations, by identifying, interviewing and assessing witnesses, in addition to extensive document collection, review, and analysis.
- Assisted in gathering and securing evidence for representation of corporations, officers and directors in federal grand jury investigations.
- Assisted in the defense of criminal and regulatory enforcement actions and trials brought by or in conjunction with a variety of governmental agencies, including the United Stated Department of Justice, U.S. Attorneys' Offices, and State Attorney Generals’ offices.
- Assisted attorneys in civilly prosecuting and defending civil RICO and financial fraud actions, including locating evasive witnesses and parties for the purpose of service of process.Assisted attorneys and forensic accountants in the investigation of special purpose entities, off-balance sheet accounting methods, and other forensic accounting and disclosure issues in high-profile bankruptcy and securities fraud matters.
- On behalf of clients in Europe and Asia, Venture Risk uncovered a variety of fraud schemes, including a fraudulent loan attempt, a “ghost employee” scam (billing the client for work that was never performed and attributed to fictitious employees), and a complex securities law settlement fraud.
For more information about Venture Risk Investigations or the services we provide, call us at 631-913-8741, or e-mail us at s.megibow@VentureRiskInvestigations.com.